Mr. Machinery (hereinafter referred to as "Mr. Machinery
" or "we
") is committed to making sure your privacy is protected. To help you understand how we collect, use and share information about you, we encourage you to read this Privacy Statement, which applies to your use of the Mr. Machinery web site (www.mrmachinery.com) along with any emails that we send to you, and any mobile applications that we provide to you,
This Privacy Statement describes:
• What Information Mr. Machinery Collects
• How the Information is Used
• Information Sharing: How and With Whom We Share Your Information
• Miscellaneous Policies and Information
• Contact Information
1. The Information Mr. Machinery Collects
Mr. Machinery gathers information from you in three ways: (1) Information provided by you during registration process, (2) During the listing of Equipment, (3) Information passively collected through cookies and third party integrations. We refer to both types of information as "Information" in this Privacy Statement.
Information You Provide. Upon registering on Mr. Machinery, we collect personal information which includes, name, address and email address which will require verification. Additional information will sometimes be required to access other services completed to access other features. These include payment or shipping information or other contact information.
Information Collected Automatically. We also collect information about you to constantly upgrade our User experience and cater searches accordingly to the users interests. Mr. Machinery collects information that has to do with how you interact with the website. Those technologies and the data they collect include the following:
• Cookies. Our Sites and emails may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe's instructions here (instruction vary depending on your operating system and version of Flash). Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our (or other) Sites.
• Web Server Logs and Web Beacons. Device type, operating system type, browser type, language as well as other system settings, is collected to extensively assist in optimizing user experience. All information collected will be used to better understand your needs and according to such data we will be able to provide a better website and service to our clients.
• Social media information. Logging in through social media platforms (Ex: Facebook) will share account and profile information.
2. How the Information is Used:
Our primary purpose in obtaining your information is to provide you with the best possible experience throughout your surfing, purchasing, leasing and renting on Mr. Machinery. This will allow for greater efficiency in our communication campaigns. The information you provide is very important in creating more accurate services we communicate with you in various ways. For example, Mr. Machinery uses your personal information to:
• Process, evaluate, and respond to your purchases, rents requests, inquiries, and applications.
• Create, administer, and communicate with you about your accounts, including by email (as further described below).
• Contact you with marketing communications online and offline (including co-marketed and co-branded communications), and compile aggregated statistics and determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
• Display relevant advertising to you on our Sites and across the Internet for Mr. Machinery, our co-marketing or co-branding partners or other third parties (such as third parties that wish to display ads or other content on our Sites).
• Verify your identity and track how you use our Sites.
• Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; manage our communications; perform market research and data analytics and data enhancement; determine and manage the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyze, improve and customize products, services, Mr. Machinery Sites and communications; administer the Mr. Machinery Sites; and perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities).
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality.
E-mail. Upon email registration, you will automatically be registered to our newsletter. You can only opt out of the newsletter by manually doing so in your profile.
Web Analytics. Third party analytics are used to assist in analyzing success of website traffic, monitor activities and much more.
3. Information Sharing: How and With Whom We Share the Information
• Sharing With Affiliates. We may share any of the Information with affiliated companies under common ownership or control, such as companies that are part of the Mr. Machinery family of companies. This information will be used for informative purposes or to capture leads.
• Sharing With Nonaffiliated Third Parties and Partners. We may share any of the Information with our partners, with whom we offer co-branded, joint, or customized products or services, or other parties whose offers of services or products we believe you may wish to receive. This information may include, for instance, your contact information and information about your purchases or likely interests.
• Sharing With Original Equipment Manufacturers ("OEMs") and Dealers. We may share any of the information with the original equipment manufacturer ("OEM") of any item that the Buyer places a bid on and any of the OEM's dealers or service providers in Buyer's geographic area. Mr. Machinery has no liability for information used by the OEM, its dealers, representatives and service providers.
• Sharing With Service Providers. We share personal information we collect on our Sites with our service providers. These may include, for instance, third parties that provide services to us regarding email marketing, market research, data analytics and data enhancement, customer service, site operations and hosting, systems management, accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities.
• Sharing As Required by Law and at Our Discretion. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) when we believe disclosure would be appropriate in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss to ourselves or any person (including regarding any potential violation of the law or our terms or policies); (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity; or (v) for fraud detection and prevention.
• Sharing Upon Corporate Events or Changes. We also will transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation) or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction.
• Third Party and Social Media Plug-Ins. Third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use Mr. Machinery Sites. For example, we may enable social network plug-ins, whereby those social media providers embed content and tools on our Sites (i.e., the plug-ins), which may collect personal information directly from you in connection with your interaction with such content and tools. Such providers' use of the information is subject to their own privacy policies, which we recommend you review. We are not responsible for such providers' privacy practices, which are not covered by this Privacy Statement.
4. Miscellaneous Policies and Information
Your Rights to Access and Review Certain of the Information that We Hold About You.
If you are a citizen of the European Union, you may have a right to access personal information held by Mr. Machinery which relates to you. You may do this by contacting Mr. Machinery at [email protected]
If you think we hold personal information about you that is excessive, or that we should not retain your personal information, please contact us so that we may explain the reasons why Mr. Machinery retains such information. We will erase personal information within a reasonable time after we no longer need to retain it, taking into account our records retention requirements, your account activity and the applicable law.
5. Contact Information
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please send an e-mail to [email protected]